Shape Up Help?

There's an ad in our community education brochure for a group personal training class. You pay a slightly reasonable amount and get the following benefits:

*Scheduled workouts led by Certified Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors in yoga, strength training, and cardio

*Be required to turn in daily meal plans for feedback - I'm wondering if you can just turn in any old 'meal plan' or if you are required to turn in what you 'actually' ate...just kidding.

*Be given tools to help produce lean muscle, increase energy, and see results

The Biggest Loser lover in me says, "YES! I wonder if they would go all Jillian or Bob on me?" The realist says, "I already know what I need to do. I just need to get off my arse and do it."

So my questions include: Why does this personal training thing sound so much more attractive to me then doing it on my own? Do I really need to email my food log to someone and have them tell me, "Kimberly, I don't think several glasses of wine, paired with late night snacks, is a *good* idea?" or any of the following:

"How about if you actually get up in the morning, re-establishing your morning yoga routine?"

"I know lifting weights isn't your favorite, but seriously you know it's the best way to produce lean muscle mass."

"I understand your life is busy, but you need to make time for your health."

"I know your bored with the recumbent bike, but if you're to achieve your goal of running a half-marathon this coming up spring you need to let your foot heal, duh."

"Speaking of the half-marathon...I don't think you want to run it at this weight, just sayin'."

Reality is that I need to figure this out for myself, on my own. It's damn time to quit lallygagging around and kick it in the ass for once and for all.

1 comments:

It's Better... said...

Do it. Do it! Do it!!!