Book Reviews

I've never done a book review before, so I'll do my best not spoil either of the two books I'm about to review. I was debating on if I should review the book that I didn't like so much or the book that touched something inside of me, but in a weird and awkward way. I decided to do both, one today and one tomorrow.

First up is Life Laughs (The Naked Truth About Motherhood, Marriage, and Moving On) by Jenny McCarthy. I was hoping for a rip-roaring great book, something on the level of Jen Lancaster (who is one of my most favorite authors....ever).

If Jenny McCarthy is up for the 'naked truth', her book sucked. I'm done with the constant bitching about men. I'm done putting all men in the "Mr. Potato Head" category. Attention Ms. McCarthy, there are some pretty good guys out there. I feel sorry for you because you married a slob, who is unable to decorate the house to your desires, take care of you or your baby, or even wash a load of laundry. Good for you for divorcing a man like that and moving on (oops...spoiler). As for the rest of the book, yes I'll admit it, you did have one or two funny moments, but most of your book read like most of your orgasms...fake and un-entertaining.

0 comments: