Christmas Card Evny

Yes, it's true.  I have it.  You see once upon a time I actually made and sent out Christmas cards.  I think I only did it once.  They were handmade.  I spent days and days on them.  I used really nice paper, hand stamped them, and then used watercolor pencils to color/paint them.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I even made Nathan pass them out at his work.  Ok, to be honest they were pretty sad looking.  They didn't look anything like what I had imagined.  They were a cross between 'Obsessed Stampin' Up Lady' and 'Kindergarten Holiday Project'.  Poor Nathan - glad he was a good sport about it.

This year we received not one, but two, fantastic Christmas cards.  The first one was from the Gleasons.  Man that card was cool.  I loved the comic book look to it!  It was fun to read, had great photos, and I got a real feeling to how their year has gone.  Plus I haven't seen Dave and Nancy in about twenty years, so it was nice to *see* old friends again.

The other one was from the Beck-O'Sullivan Family.  They sent out their version of 'Twas Night Before Christmas'.  I'm in love with it.  The poem gives me such an amazing visual.  I can actually see each of their kids - climbing the table and trying to hang from the chandelier, sledding - and coming back with a toothless grin, and texting, texting, texting.

So, maybe next year I'll dust off the ol' stamp pad and send out a kitchy card...then again, probably not.

2 comments:

K.M. O'Sullivan said...

<>>
Thanks:)It was fun to write.

Gastenator said...

You and I girl...I did one, maybe two years of handmade, handstamped, hand colored (with watercolor pencils, too!) cards. I was so proud of them. But, then life happened (actually Owen happened) and I haven't sent a Christmas card out since. I am eternally grateful for those that still remember us in their card-sending, despite the fact that we don't send any out.