It All Depends On How You Look At It

This year at the Olson household (as with many other households) money is a little tight. We've been making cutbacks and re-arranging our budget. We haven't gone out and done anything crazy, like canceling cable, but we have been making some modest choices. One of these choices is the refusal to buy more Christmas paper.

You see, for some reason I have an obsessive compulsive thing with saving scraps of Christmas paper. We have more scraps then actual rolls. When we decided to wrap presents the other night, we realized exactly how low we are on good pieces of Christmas paper. We have a lot of three inch by six inch pieces, but a nice good square at least one foot by one foot?....it's not happening. Nathan looked at me with a worried expression. I said, "I've got one partial roll hidden in our closet." Whew, we have enough paper for a couple of the bigger gifts. We wrap those gifts and then....silence.

"Ha!" I scream, "I got it! It's not scraps of paper cheaply taped together. It's mosaic wrapping! IT'S ART!"

I just saved us five bucks. Nathan just smiles. Good thing he loves me.


2 comments:

It's Better... said...

Ppbbtt!!! And you say you're not an artist! We should both just agree that you ARE an artist, and I AM patient! I can't wait to see your art work at Christmaspolooza!

~The M.F.P. said...

I'm agreeing! I *am* an artist!!!