The First Mile Marker

The first would be *back on the training schedule*, (except I don't really do schedules) mile rocked my face off.  I took it slow and did it on the elliptical machine.  I layered it between both the recumbent and the upright stationary bikes.  It was bliss.

I love running (or even pretending to run on the elliptical machine).  I love the fact that running is hard to do.  I like it that I'm unable to text while I run, or read my book.  It's just me, with myself and the tunes.   I like pushing myself hard, past the point of pain and into vast physical numbness and complete mental strength.  I especially liked it today when I got to .98 miles and I was sad.  I wanted those last .02 miles go as slow as possible.  I liked leaving the gym exhausted, sweaty, and having completely given it my all.  I like it that not everyone is a 'runner' and I'm happy to say that I *am* a runner.  Look out Half Marathon...I'm gonna run you!

3 comments:

Meagneato said...

You did it!! I'm so happy that it turned out so well! Bravo for letting your body do the healing that it needed. :)

Andrea said...

Beautiful!! I love it!!

It's Better... said...

I'd like to second Meagan's comment... Bravo on healing. Keep up the healing process, and the strength building! I can't wait to cheer you on at the 1/2 marathon!