"I'm Not Crazy...

I'm an artist!" This was a Facebook status of mine awhile back and every day I wish it would be true. You see, I want to be *that* artist so badly. Not only do I want to witness things with different eyes, I want to show myself in new, bold ways. I want to please the senses and take you on a journey. I want you to taste an entire quiche in just one bite. I want to make you daydream while looking at one of my mosaics. I want you to smile, laugh, or cry while reading my blog. I want to challenge you to be unique and love who you are. But most of all I want to make you feel...

Today I was moved by a brilliant artist. She made me feel. I dare you to disagree. Go ahead and check out her blog:

Everything is Better with a Boa

3 comments:

It's Better... said...

I think you ARE an artist. 100% artist. Sometimes you are just less in tune with your art. And sometimes you just stop to appreciate other artists. Thanks for the compliment. That was very sweet.

Cathi/Mike said...

This is from Cay Lang's *Taking the Leap: Building a Career as a Visual Artist*: "(...)So my choice wasn't whether or not to be an artist, but whether to be an artist who worked or one who didn't." My vote is, even if you sit there, staring at a computer monitor, you ARE an artist.

~The M.F.P. said...

I guess I am....it's just that I had been told for so long that I wasn't. What the hell do 'they' know anyways?!?