Free Gym Buddy

Attention lady at the gym looking for a gym-buddy:

If I was interested in a gym-buddy I would enter the gym with a skip in my step, smiling and waiving. I would also:

a. not bring a book
b. not bring an iPod
c. not keep my eyes to my book, iPod, recumbent bike, or cell phone

So when you ask me (while I have ear-buds in) what book I'm reading, I won't hear you. Not only that, but when I do finally figure out that you are trying to get my attention I will think that I forgot to put my cell phone ringer on silent or that my child was clocked in the face with a basketball in the next gym. I will panic, ripping the ear-buds out. The music will have been on way too loud, so I will slightly yell, "What?" in that anxiety stricken voice. And when you say, "What book are you reading?" I will not answer you. I will just show you the cover of the book - which was already facing you! And when you ask me, "Is it any good? I heard it was good." I will give you the "what-the-f@ck?" look and say in an exasperated voice, "I don't know. I just started it." I will then turn back to my book, iPod, recumbent bike, and cell phone. I might even text somebody, letting them know what a dumb ass you are.

2 comments:

Meagneato said...

I love the way you write. :)

~The M.F.P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.