Family Business

We opened a family business a couple weeks ago. We did it without a business plan or start up capital, in fact it happened by accident. I hadn't even realized what I was doing as I was setting it up. You see, our family now owns and operates 'The MFP Eatery' in Cafe World on Facebook. We all take turns making food, waiting tables, and decorating the cafe. It's been fun and cute watching the kids decide what to cook and how to lay out the tables, chairs, kitchen, and waiting station so that we get the quickest service and highest buzz rating.

We've cooked too many dishes and we've had to toss some out. We've gone from a buzz rating of over 100, all the way down to about 30. Our daily conversation has been spiced up with questions like:

"How much longer on that roast?" "How many more servings of fruit salad are there?" "Should we get more Christmas decorations?" "Hey, what's the current buzz rating?" "Did you get something on the stove?" "What are you cooking?"

Have you ever started something little and silly for yourself and have it turn into a fun, family event?


***We're still working a bit on the new layout. If you are having trouble commenting on the blog, try hitting the 'tab' key for the verification word to show up correctly. Thanks for your patience.***

2 comments:

~The M.F.P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gastenator said...

I'm glad you are enjoying Cafe World so much. Tonight, I got to the point where it was overwhelming me (it was solely me playing) so I deleted the whole thing. lol