Not Quite Fat Enough

Yeah, I'm struggling with my weight.  I haven't weighed this much in my life....ever.  It's sad.  One of my favorite shows is Biggest Loser.  I love watching over-weight people turn into athletes, probably because at one time I used to be an athlete.  I love watching them work their arses off, sweat pouring off their bodies, and getting screamed at by Jillian.  I can even tolerate Bob's mushy, "You can do it. I love you." crap. 

Last week Bob and Jillian announce at the end of the show,"Think you got what it takes?  Go on-line now and sign up for our next casting!"  Hmph....I've got what it takes.  I bet you $250,000 I could take whatever Jillian can dish out.  I log onto the laptop, go to the Biggest Loser website, find the current casting link and...immediately notice that applicants must have at least 100 pounds to lose.  I only need to loose 70 and I will be at my *super-ultimate* goal weight...I-am-not-fat-enough.

I weigh my options:  Gain thirty pounds so I can possibly get a chance to work out with Jillian and get my arse kicked on national tv (including public weigh-ins wearing only my sports bra and spandex pants)?  Or maybe...I do my own version of Biggest Loser: team colors, goofy challenges, crazy temptations, and even public weigh-ins wearing only my sports bra and spandex pants.  I'm still debating...

2 comments:

Goofy Mama said...

Yes, do your own version, post all about it on your blog, and we will all follow along, just as if we were watching you on TV.

K.M. O'Sullivan said...

I'm in. I've never actually done a real effort to lose weight. I've wanted to be more fit and weigh less but I never really cared enough to try that hard. I've NEVER tried an actual diet plan; it's just not me. But I have some motivation now to get healthy and accountability to friends (not sure I'm up for a world audience) sounds like a good plan. Go for it!