Best Anniversary Gift Ever


Last night we celebrated our fourteenth wedding anniversary in a very low key way.  We made great burgers and had dinner with the kids.  Then we sent them to bed early and....watched a Red Box movie, Julie & Julia!  The movie was slow and not nearly as funny or foodie as I had hoped, but what I got out of the movie is that both Julie and Julia's husbands wanted them to be happy.  Their husbands simply loved their wives. 

And during one of our intermissions Nathan gave me the greatest gift ever.  He said to me, "Don't worry about what you're going to do after you raise our babies.  I'm not going to look at you one day and say, 'Honey, about time you go get a job.'  I want you to do what makes you happy.  I love it when you write.  I see you getting excited about your story.  I don't want you to worry about if your writing ever makes money.  Just do it for yourself."

He simply loves me.

4 comments:

Goofy Mama said...

This was nice. Happy Anniversary!

K.M. O'Sullivan said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Just gorgeous. You got yourself a keeper.

Meagneato said...

:*)