Mother Freakin' Foodie

You remember my recent post about Going Out vs Staying In, right?  It was about all that great food Nathan and I cooked for date night?  Tuesday came and I was digging in the fridge.  I happened to come across the package of fresh basil that we used for our Basil Olive Oil on the scallop dish.  Thinking I could use some of the basil in Tuesday's dinner, I grabbed it out of the fridge.  And then I read the label.  And then I felt deflated...

You see, when I was at Cub Foods on Saturday it was busy.  I mean it was felt-like-a-snow-storm-was-coming-busy and I was busy too (as in felt-like-it-was-date-night-without-kids-busy).  So I reached around some lady staring off into space, and over some guy picking out green peppers, and in front another guy picking out fresh spices, and I grabbed the basil.  Turns out I grabbed Bay Leaves....not Basil.  It also turns out that I didn't read the label later or really notice a taste difference on Saturday night...weird.

2 comments:

Gastenator said...

Oh no! That is really weird you didn't notice the difference. lol

Anonymous said...

At least you cook. I admire the hell out of that. And *hint* I'd love to help you perfect your recipes. Jason and I are GREAT guinea pigs.