Cooking Klass

I keep thinking that I'd really like to take some cooking classes, but then I make a dinner like the one I made tonight and I figure there really isn't any thing they could teach me.  Here's the run down of me cooking dinner tonight:

Me thinking about how ingenious I am that I'll be using the rest of the spaghetti sauce from a previous night to make hamburger pizza for the kids' dinner.  

Me spreading the spaghetti sauce on the pizza crust only to find out that I didn't have *quite* enough sauce for the pizza.

Me wondering what the heck I was going to do now.  I certainly don't want to open a new jar of sauce when I needed less then a half cup...

Me squirting the pizza with ketchup, mixing the spaghetti sauce and ketchup around on the crust, and then sprinkling the 'new' sauce with garlic, onion powder, and oregano.

Me excusing myself from the dinner table to take a picture of this fancy pizza.

The kids wondering out loud why I am taking a picture of their dinner. 

Me laughing hysterically while I tell them I'll be blogging about their dinner later.

The whole family playing the game "Guess what mom made our pizza out of?"

Me ending dinner thinking that not only am I a genius, but I'm pretty freakin' funny too :)

I posted the recipe in case you wanted to recreate this dish for your own family:



"Cheeseburger Pizza"

1 Pre-made store bought pizza crust
Small amount of left over spaghetti sauce (that contains ground beef)
Generous squirt of ketchup
Sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano
Hand fulls of mozzarella cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 (or what ever the package of pizza crust calls for)
Place ingredients on the pizza crust in the order listed above.
Bake for the recommended time listed on the pizza crust wrapper.
Turn oven up to 450 when you get impatient to make the pizza cook quicker.
Cut into squares and enjoy!


~The MFP

1 comments:

It's Better... said...

I'd love to show up on your doorstep with some random groceries and watch you create a masterpiece! Cook on MFP!