Really?!?!

Our first mountain bike race is this Saturday (AGH!) and we have a few things to do before the race.  One of the things I want to try is being 'clipped' into my bike.  It's kinda scary and exciting at the same time.  My bike and I will be *one*...unless I get into trouble and I un-clip myself or...while I'm in trouble, I momentarily forget how to un-clip and continue being *one* with my bike all the way down the side of the hill...

Anyway, we went to a local bike shop (Erik's Bike Shop) yesterday to get a few last minute things I decided I needed before the race.  Our first stop was the Erik's Bike Shop in Burnsville.  Our whole family walked through the doors and headed straight for the shoe section.  A nice young gal came up to us and asked us if we needed help.  I said, "Yes, I'm going to buy some shoes."  Nathan had already picked out a pair of shoes for me to try on.  She grabbed the size we requested and we talked about shoes.  Nathan mentioned the words "mountain shoes" several times during the conversation.  I finally found a pair I liked and she says, "Are these for spin class?  Do you need cleats?"


NO, I DO NOT NEED THEM FOR SPIN CLASS!  I MOUNTAIN BIKE!  HENCE THE WORDS "MOUNTAIN SHOES" SEVERAL TIMES IN OUR CONVERSATION!  (I did not actually yell this out loud, but it's what I felt like inside.)

Our next destination was the Erik's bike shop in Bloomington.  Here, Nathan and I were perusing the glove section of the store.  As we're looking through the women's gloves another nice young lady comes up to us to see if we needed any help.  I continue to look through the gloves and Nathan asks her if they have any gloves with the loop on them to help you get them off your hands?  She finds a pair with webbing that does the same kind of thing and then says to us, "But these are woman's gloves."

NO KIDDING!  I AM A WOMAN AND I AM LOOKING AT GLOVES AND I FREAKING MOUNTAIN BIKE...BIATCH!  (Ok, I didn't say this either, but it's what I felt like inside.)

Maybe because Nathan was doing most of the talking these women thought the mountain shoes and the gloves were for him?  Maybe because I showed up in the store wearing a skirt and ballet slippers (and the fact that I am still flirting with the 200 pound mark) makes these women think I couldn't possibly be out on the mountain bike course...well I am.  And this Saturday I will be out there with my new shoes, my new gloves, and my mother freaking tutu.

0 comments: