Dietary Issues?

I have some friends who are very 'in-tune' with how their bodies respond to what they eat and drink.  They prefer organic veggies, and meat without nitrates.  They can have lengthy conversations on the glysmic index, candida, and gluten.  They buy coconut oil in bulk, and tote their drinking water around in mason jars.  In all honesty...it kind of annoys me.  I mean come on, I grew up on bologna and American cheese sandwiches on white bread, McDonalds, and Taco Bell.  I am just fine.

Or am I?  I've been eating what I would consider a more 'clean' diet over the last few months.  I buy very little junk food and consume mostly lean proteins, fresh veggies, and super smoothies (which do include some of that bulk coconut oil).  I've been losing weight, getting faster and stronger, and I have more energy. 

A friend of mine was in town over the weekend.  We got together at my sister's house on Saturday night.  It was a long day and I didn't eat much.  We stopped at Super Target to grab some food to bring.  What did I pick out?  Party food, of course!  We bought two types of chicken wings: Asian inspired, breaded, boneless wings and some sweet and spicy habanero wings.  The habanero wings turned out too spicy for my liking, so I stuck with the boneless Asian wings.  They tasted pretty good and I ate way too many of them.  I ended up with a slight stomach ache, feeling bloated, and just plain 'blah'.  When I got home for the evening I hopped on the the scale (because I'm a scale hopper) and I had gained four and a half pounds that evening...what the fuck?  FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS IN ONE EVENING?!?! 

I guess I am sensitive to the food I eat and you'll be seeing me and my mason jar of water hanging out all summer long together :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I loved this blog....thanks for the chuckle :)

Goofy Mama said...

*smiling* because of this post.

Anonymous said...

clean food makes you run cleaner . . . but there is such a thing as TOO much of anything . . . including being clean. I love getting a little dirty with you sometimes. And those boneless wings were gooood.