Tough Competitor

I'll admit it, I like to compete.  I've never been the kind of athlete or student to be 'first', so I've always competed, mostly, with myself - or for the coveted 'not-last-place' spot. 

I'm going to try my luck at mountain bike racing this summer.  I started out saying things like:
"I hope I can do this."
"This will be fun."
"I'm just doing this to keep me motivated to lose weight."
"My goal is to finish the race."


I have now resorted to, "What were the times of the girls who raced in my class (at this course) last year?!?!?"  Yep, I did the math.  I made an excel sheet.  I'm tracking it and I am training for first place.

4 comments:

Rosanne said...

Should I admit I do the same thing? I lucked into an age group award last year at a small race. You better believe I'm going back this year!

~The M.F.P. said...

Let's kick their butts!

Meagneato said...

Oh, you are after my heart with excel sheets! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to cheer you on as you take that 1st!