Here Are a Few of My Not-Favorite Things

About a month ago I bruised my heel during the first leg of the Ragnar Relay.  I ran the other two legs anyway, because that's how I am.  The week after Ragnar I ran three times, because that's how I am.  I simmered down for a week and then came to the conclusion that my heal isn't going to get better if I don't rest it.  So I did a great job resting for about a week and a half, because that's how I am.  And then I jogged 1.43 miles on Thursday and now I can barely walk again.  I decided to go with low impact workouts.  Yay me, right?!  Today I drove (instead of walking like I usually do) up to the gym and got my butt on the recumbent bike.  I lasted about forty minutes and then had to quit because of the pain.

It seems that in order for my heal to get better for good I will have to do some things that just aren't currently on the top of my list:

  • Weight Lifting
  • Taking it 'Easy'
  • Core Work
  • Yoga (yeah, it's just not calling to me right now)
  • Using an Insert in My Shoes
  • Wearing Shoes in the House
  • Wearing Shoes Period
  • My Natural Hair Color
I'm coming up with a plan, but thank goodness going back to my natural hair color won't be on it!

1 comments:

It's Better... said...

Wha?! You KNOW your natural hair color?!