Meal Planning

We have an out of town mountain bike race this weekend, so we'll be enjoying one of our families all time greatest pastimes: camping! 



Being the Domestic MFPrincess I am, I have been doing the clothes packing, errand running, and meal planning for the trip.  We've been camping for years and years, so I kinda got it all down.  I have an excel check list of all the things we will need to pack.  I've been running around picking up things (like a bike trailer for the dog), and I outlined meals for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, snacks, and dessert. 

This trip I planned on fresh strawberries, grapes, cherries, some fresh veggies with homemade spinach dip, burgers (turkey or beef *and* with or without mushrooms, bacon, or cheese - jalapeno cheddar or colby jack), brats (chicken/feta/spinach, chicken andouille, chicken apple gouda, or old fashioned wieners), turkey/bacon/avocado sandwiches, a quinoa salad, breakfast pudgy pies (scrambled eggs, onions, peppers, and sausage enclosed in two slices of bread and cooked over the open fire), mini cinnamon rolls, lemon brunch cake, pita chips, some sort of sprouted veggie chips, cookies, and a cold chicken pesto pasta salad...

Sometimes when we go camping I bring too much food.

I thought about this today as I started making the pasta and quinoa salads.

And then I put the six chicken breasts I planned on putting in the cold chicken pesto pasta salad in the microwave to get them out of my way.

And I left them there.

For a long time.

Too long.

We'll need to throw them out.

I stopped at Cub Foods and grabbed ONE rotisserie chicken to replace those SIX chicken breasts.

We might run out of food while camping.  I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yummy!! It all sounds so, so wonderful. I am going to use some of those ideas for my meal planning :) Sorry about your chicken breasts - I love how you just went another way then :)

~The M.F.P. said...

*Please note, we did NOT end up running out of food ;)